About 2 weeks ago, I got this nomination from my sweet friend Jen. She blogs at Extra*Ordinary and I’ve linked her name directly to her own Liebster Acceptance speech. In it she gives such a great glimpse into her personality, and I think you’d really like her! I am blessed beyond measure with our new friendship! Thank you, Jen:)
With that said…
What is the Liebster award, you ask? The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Rules for receiving this award: 1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.4. Notify the people you have tagged.5. No tag backs.
So, Here Are Eleven Random Facts About Me:
- I went to Bible College and I only had 2 classes to finish my bachelor’s!!! But that’s a long story. One day (hopefully soon) I plan to complete it.
- When I was about 23 I went on a missions trip to England, and got addicted to McVities and Yorkshire tea.
- I’ve loved reading since I was a little girl. I shared a room with my sister, so sometimes I’d stay awake till sunrise reading with a flashlight and the covers pulled over my head.
- I never learned to cook until I got married.
- My husband and I got addicted to the TV series Lost. It was my absolutely favorite show of all time!! But the ending disappointed me so much, that I never bought the last season, and I refuse to recommend it :)
- If you can’t already tell, I’m actually really passionate, but inRL you’d probably never know…except my best friends!
- One of my favorite activities is decorating my house. I love home projects!
- I have been blessed with some of the best friends a girl could ask for…literally!! I have some of the most loyal, faithful, deep relationships…my husband being my very best friend.
- I am an introvert. I love quiet and time alone; even social media can drain me, hence, my inconsistency with facebook and twitter. Blogging’s different, though!
- I’m not addicted to coffee, but I don’t like to go a day without it! :) I like it with rich cream: no sugar, and I very rarely drink espresso beverages!
- My family is my life, and my greatest priority next to God.
Now, Jen’s questions for me:
1. In a sentence or two, what is the message you have to share with the world?
Jesus Christ loves us so much He died on the cross for our sins, and rose from the dead. Entrusting everything to Him will give you the most meaningful, and beautiful life you could ever know…and every sacrifice will be worth it!
2. What is your most recent favorite book?
I can’t say I have a recent favorite book, but honestly, I’m a teen at heart…loving Young Adult fiction. Anne of Green Gables is one of my very favorite series!! Elisabeth Elliot’s my favorite author, and I quote her way too much!
3. Describe the most perfect moment you can remember.
My first husband, Justin, passed away three years after we were married. On our wedding day, I was terrified! I knew he was God’s man for me, but I suddenly felt like running down the aisle. When I married Mike, I prayed fervently for peace and joy on our wedding day. When that day came around, I was able to enjoy every moment. I was confident, sure, and sensed the Presence of God. Every moment and every detail was perfect! On the other hand, my husband was terribly sick!! So maybe God knew I needed to be strong for him:)
4. What was the last thing you pinned on Pinterest?
I’ve only pinned on Pinterest once, and I think I pinned 4 things.
5. What’s your favorite season?
Ooh, that’s so tough!! Fall is beautiful. I love the crisp air, the changing of colors, the apple orchards, and since I loved school, there’s always a sense of nostalgia in the fall with a fresh beginning, the smell of new books and the welcome of a clean, organized classroom.
6. Tell a brief funny story from junior high.
Oh, Jr. High was awful!! I went through my girliest stage in Jr. High, and my best friend and I would sit in class and put on make-up. I don’t know how we got away with it, and I know we got teased. I get so embarrassed thinking about it now!
7. What is your biggest dream?
That’s tough too, because I dream that my kids know and love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength…and leave a godly heritage. That is my very greatest dream. Second to that, is to one day be a published writer for God’s glory… in order that others would grow in their walk with the Lord.
8. Favorite flower?
Any kind of daisy…such a friendly flower! But I do love to pair it with classic and romantic flowers, like roses and hydrangeas.
9. What is your greatest fear?
My children not knowing the Lord :(
10. Top 3 favorite blogs to read?
Allume- because it encourages me as a writer, pushes me to work hard as a blogger, encourages me in the Lord, and introduces me to a lot of new blogs.
The Pleated Poppy-because she’s so cute and her craftiness inspires me
A Holy Experience-Who doesn’t love Ann Voskamp!? Her perspective on God and life, her unique writing style, the way she tells a story with her photography…I all around love her. But especially, her humility.
11. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I love waking early, because I love the quiet and stillness of the morning; I love the start of a fresh new day. But I’m bad at it. So, depending on the season of life (how busy I am and my commitments) I am either.
Now, the truth is that I’ve only recently reached out to the blogging community, so some of these bloggers I know, while others are bloggers I’ve read and would like to get to know. I believe you’ll love each one. So, here are the 11 people I nominate:
1. Kim @ Canaan Bound Brigade
2. Amanda @ The Cadence of a Conquering Housewife
3.Mary Beth @ New Life Steward
4. Amy McCollister @ Beloved Pursuit
5. Jana @ Grace for My Mess
6. Rachel @ Circle of Quiet
7. Dolly @ Soul Stops
8. Elizabeth @ Dog Fur and Dandelions
10. Mandy @ His Song to Me
11. Lizzie from Kairos Coaching, LLC
And these are the questions I have for them:
- Do you prefer the city or the country?
- Where would you go if you could vacation anywhere?
- Why do you blog?
- How would you describe yourself in a sentence or two?
- What are your passions?
- Do you prefer sweet or salty?
- What’s your average day look like?
- What’s the most risky thing you’ve ever done?
- Did you learn anything from that risk?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What’s your idea of a perfect day?
Okay, now it’s your turn! Have fun!